Information We Collect
When using the Website, we collect and process Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information by which a person may be personally identified such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and other information which personally identifies a person, and in certain jurisdictions, information collected automatically such as device identifiers and IP addresses.
We also collect information that is about you but does not individually identify you and is generated automatically as a result of using the Website such as your internet connection, the device being used, IP address, device identifiers and other usage details (“Usage Information”). In certain jurisdictions, some Usage Information such as device identifiers and your IP address is considered Personal Information.
How We Collect Information
- Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
When you choose to use the Website, we collect certain Personal Information. If you choose not to provide us with the Personal Information that we legitimately require on our Website, we may be unable to provide you with the information, products or Website requested. The Personal Information you choose to voluntarily or actively share with us on or through or our Website may include:
- Personal identifiers provided at registration or when placing an online order to purchase our products or services such as your first and last name, e-mail address, mailing address, shipping address and telephone or mobile number.
- Financial information, such as credit and debit cards numbers when placing online orders.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website, fulfillment of your orders, purchase history.
- Your name and email address when you sign up to receive our newsletters, email updates, other marketing communications, to access a blog we may provide, or receive an offered discount or coupon, register/participate for an event, sweepstake, promotion, or survey.
- Information you may send in emails to us with a request for information, to report a problem, request customer support or use any chat function and when you respond to our inquiry for information to help us answer your request.
- Information when you submit comments, reviews, feedback, testimonials, or submit, upload or send to us other user-generated content through our Website.
- Information when you connect or interact with us through our social media pages we may maintain (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube etc.).
- Information when you submit or request career / employment information.
- Other relevant data which may be deemed Personal Information under applicable law such as your certain Usage Information (e.g., IP address and device identifiers). See “Information We Collect Through Technologies”
We may use third party service providers (which are third parties who work on our behalf to provide and enhance our Website) to collect this information.
Please note you are not required to enter any payment or financial information until you are ready to purchase a product with us. If you pay for a product or service with your credit or debit card through our Website, your payment card information is processed by our third party payment provider. We do not have access to your payment card information you provide to facilitate a payment by credit or debit card which is processed and stored by our payment processor.
- Information We Collect Through Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we (and our service providers) may use automatic data collection technologies to collect Usage Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns such as:
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and internet service provider.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Browser and device information, such as the type of device you are using, its operating system and browser.
- Information about your browsing activities (pages you visit, features you use, date and time of your use, length of your visit, browsing and search history, emails and ads that you view, etc.).
- Referring URL or exit pages
- General geo-location of your device.
- Aggregated de-identified data that is non-personal, statistical information.
Some of this information may include Personal Information or we may maintain it with Personal Information. This information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Help our Website function correctly.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Better understand the needs of our customers and users.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Identify new visitors to our Website.
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements and marketing.
- Determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
- Perform analytics including through any third party analytics provider we may engage.
- Assist with security and administrative functions.
- Target advertising to you on the Website or elsewhere online through third party advertisers we may engage in the future.
The standard technologies we and our service providers use to automatically collect Usage Information may include:
- Server log files and your IP Address. When you access our Website, our server logs automatically record certain usage and activity and information from the device that you are using such as your IP Address. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider and may be identified and logged automatically in our server logs whenever a user of that device accesses our Website, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP addresses to administer our Website, track users’ movements, determine use levels, analyze trends, diagnose server problems and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Through your browser or device. When you access our Website, certain information is collected by the browser you are using or automatically through the device you are using, such as the type of device you are using, its operating system, and the browser the device is using.
- Session Cookies to operate the Website
- Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings
- Security Cookies for security purposes
- Analytics Cookies for statistical aggregated information on how the Website are used
- Location Information. We may also collect general information about the location of the device from which our Website is accessed (e.g., approximate geographic location inferred from an IP address) to provide better services, for example, differing time zones.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website.
- Web Beacons/Pixel Tags. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us or our service providers, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
For further information on the how you may be able to control the above tracking technologies, see “How You Can Limit Information Collected” below.
- Information from Other Sources.
We may receive additional Personal Information about you, such as demographic information, from third parties, such as public databases, social media platforms, and other third party service providers or partners that we may use to assist us in our operations including if we extend financing, consumer reporting agencies credit reports.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personal Information and Usage Information to carry out our obligations between you and us and for the legitimate interests of our business which may include to:
- Create and maintain your account.
- Fulfill requests for products, services or information and provide customer service.
- Conduct marketing.
- Update our operational and technical functionality
- Provide notices about your account or your purchases, technical updates, security alerts and changes to our Website, our policies or our products and services.
- Customize and personalize the advertising and content you see or engage in third party advertising.
- Conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement.
- To gather analytics related to the Website usage and help us better understand our users interests and needs, derive insights from use of the Website, measure and analyze the effectiveness of any email marketing campaigns, and improve the Website, products and services.
- Protect our Website and our users through audits, fraud monitoring, prevention.
- Share the information as described below.
- For any other purpose with your consent, or if lawful, without your consent.
Aggregate/De-Identified Data. We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through our Website so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others. By using our Website and Website, you consent to such use.
How We Disclose and Share Your Information
We may disclose or share your information that we collect or you provide to us as follows:
- To any of our affiliates in furtherance of our business.
- To contractors and service providers that we use to support our business and the Website, such as fulfilling information requests and orders, processing payments, delivering orders, sending our email marketing communications, online chat functions, customer service and hosting our Website. We only provide these parties with the minimum amount of information necessary to complete the requested service, product or transaction.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Information held by us about the users of our Website is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe in good faith disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others, or to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website.
- For any purpose as to Aggregate/De-Identified Information.
- For analytics through third party analytics tools to better understand how you and others are using the Website (as described below).
- For advertising through third party advertisers (as described below).
- For any other purpose with your consent, or if lawful, without your consent.
- If we engage Google Analytics, data collected by Google is shared with other Google services and Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network to you. For information about how Google Analytics uses this information, please see: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. Google may track your activity over time and across websites.
- You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Website available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add–on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser.
Third Party Advertising. We may advertise in a number of ways, including in our emails to you and in the future through third party services we engage such as through our managed social media presences or third party ad network or ad server providers (e.g., Google Ads). Certain information about your use of our Website and these third party services may be collected by us or the third party service provider using the tracking technologies described above across time and across websites or services and is used by us and them for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, deliver targeted or relevant ads and/or other content to you on our Website or elsewhere online, and to understand how our advertising campaigns are performing. See “Use of Interest-Based Advertising” on how you may control these ads.
We may also use what we know about you to offer you other products and services. We may combine your online information with information collected from offline or online sources, or information we already have.
Links to Third Party Websites
Third Party Services
Use of Interest-Based Advertising
We currently do not use but may in the future use third party ad-serving companies (such as Google Ads) or ad networks to serve and display interest-based advertising (“Interest-Based Ads”) on our Website and/or on other third party sites. Interest-Based Ads, or personalized or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information gathered from your interaction with our Website and/or on third party sites. These third party ad-serving companies use tracking technologies described above on our Website and third party sites to track your activities across time and on websites or services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you on our Website and third party websites. Tracking technologies enable these ad providers to learn about what ads you see, what ads you click, and other actions you take on our Website and other sites. This allows the ad-serving companies to provide you with more useful and relevant ads.
Controlling and Opt-out of Interest-Based Ads. If we use Interest-Based Ads, you generally can choose not to receive these by adjusting your advertising preferences to opt-out of Interest-Based Ads. You should also have the ability to visit an opt-out page directly from any of the Interest-Based Ads displayed in your browser. If you choose to opt-out of receiving Interest-Based Ads, you will still see ads but they will not be personalized.
Additionally, Google and many other third party ad servers participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit the opt-out page on the DAA’s website at aboutads.info/choices. In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit the opt-out page on the NAI’s website at networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Any opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out and you may have to opt-out for each of your devices. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-Based Ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad servers/networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
How You Can Limit Information Collected
While we use and disclose our users’ Personal Information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide or limit the Personal Information obtained by us as follows:
- E-Mail Opt Out Rights. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by us for our promotional or marketing purposes, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our email communication. You can also opt-out by sending us an email as set forth in “Contacting Us” below with your opt-out request. Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, please allow us sufficient time to process your marketing preferences. It may take up to 30 days to process your e-mail related requests. Please note that after you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues or questions regarding our products and services.
- Flash Cookies. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. If you want to manage or control flash technologies, generally you can manage and control these through the settings of the flash player you are using. Limiting the acceptance of flash cookies may reduce or impede the functionality of some flash applications and parts of our Sites. To learn more about how to manage Adobe Flash, you can visit the Adobe Site and follow the directions provided by Adobe with respect to the Adobe Flash settings and make changes as directed therein.
- Web Beacons. In some cases, web beacons can generally be disabled by setting your browser to be in text mode only. There are also browser add-ons and extensions that specifically block web beacons. If you object to web beacons in emails, we recommend that you follow the instructions for disabling cookies above. We will still know how many of our emails are opened and we will automatically receive your IP address or other unique device identifier but we will not identify you as an individual.
- Google Analytics. To prevent Google Analytics from collecting data generated by your use of the Website (including your IP address for analytics), you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add–on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Interested-Based Ads. Please see the information under the caption “Use of Interest-Based Ads” above.
Changing or Correcting Your Account Information
You can review and change your Personal Information in your account by logging into your account on our Website. You may also send us an email as set forth in “Contacting Us” below to request access to, change, correct, or delete information that you have provided to us. In some instances, we may not be able to delete information except by also deleting your user account, and in such instances, we will delete your user account. Deleting your user account may result in the loss of other information that you have not requested to be deleted, and you assume the risk of such loss. We in our discretion may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Information Security and Retainage
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have incorporated a Do Not Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities. As there is not yet a common understanding on how to interpret the DNT signal, we currently do not respond to DNT signals on our Website.
Children Under 13 Collected
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information about yourself. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as set forth in “Contacting Us” below.
California Residents Additional Privacy Rights
Under California’s Shine the Light Law (Civil Code 1798), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request and obtain from us annually information about their personal information we share with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To obtain this information, please make a request by sending us an email as set forth in “Contacting Us” below. We will respond and provide the information as required by the Shine the Light Law by reply email.
123 N. Third St.
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Effective: July 9, 2020